We are now recruiting for a Personal Assistant (PA) at deafPLUS!
The aim of the service is to support D/deaf, hard of hearing and deafblind people to remain independent, build confidence, and learn new skills. We do this by helping with activities such as cooking, shopping and cleaning, and assisting them to get in touch with local services and to access outdoor activities.
What are we looking for in a PA?
1) Minimum of BSL level 2 (or native BSL users)
2) Experience of working in a PA role or caring (paid or unpaid)
3) Excellent organisational (time management) skills
4) Experience of supporting people with complex needs in a friendly and empowering way
5) Good understanding of safeguarding, including what this means and what to do if you identify there is a concern. Please give examples from experience if you can.
7) Good understanding of confidentiality, consent and GDPR
8) Good IT skills, using email, internet, and a database to record casenotes (or willingness to learn how to use one)
9) Willingness to work flexible hours, including weekends and bank holidays where necessary
10) Desirable: A communicator guide qualification or experience of working with deafblind people would be an advantage, including the use of a deafblind manual and guiding skills
Benefits to you:
1) Flexible working arrangements
2) Training courses suitable to your needs
3) Annual leave
4) Competitive rates, including weekends
5) We are a London Living Wage employer
To view the full job description, please click here
To complete the Response Form, click here
To apply, please send a copy of your CV and complete the Response Form above and send to firstname.lastname@example.org by 23:59pm on the 4th of June.
Interview Date: 9th June (to be confirmed). Interview will be held via Zoom.