Personal Assistants (PAs)
deafPLUS are proud to be a partner of the YOUchoose consortium that deliver a good quality PA service in the Greater London Area.
The aim of the YOUchoose project is to provide independence amongst our clients. Our aim is to increase individuals’ independence, build their confidence and enable them to learn new skills.
Do you have what it takes to make a difference to the lives of D/deaf, Hard of Hearing, deafened and deafblind (D/deaf) people in the Greater London Area? If yes, then you could be interested in becoming a member of the deafPLUS PA team.
deafPLUS is a London Living Wage employer. The rates of pay for weekend and bank holiday PA work are higher than from Mondays to Fridays. PA contract is zero hours pay (you get paid for when you work).
What are we looking for in a PA?
· Deaf and hearing people with a minimum of BSL Level 2 (or native BSL users)
· Experience of working in a PA role or caring is preferable;
· Excellent organisational and communication skills;
· The ability to work flexible hours including weekends and bank holidays where necessary;
· A caring and patient manner;
· The ability to work on your own initiative;
· A Communicator Guide qualification and/or experience of working with Deafblind people would be an advantage, including the use of Deafblind manual, other communication methods and guiding skills.
General duties focus around providing daily living support to clients, according to their support plan. This may include developing/increasing client’s confidence, communication skills and life skills, accessing local services such as leisure centres and community groups, supporting clients to maintain their independence in the general community, developing hobbies and interests in accordance with their support plan.
Benefits to you:
· Flexible working arrangements
· Training courses suited to your needs
· Enhanced DBS check fully paid for by deafPLUS
· Annual leave
· London Living Wage employer
· Competitive rates including weekends
We are actively looking for a male or female in Streatham or surrounding areas to begin ASAP. Travel to and from Streatham is required.
If you are interested in this role, please send in your CV and brief covering letter or a video explaining why you would be good for this job by 10th April 2022 at 23:59pm to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interviews will take place via zoom on April 13/14/15th.
DOWNLOAD Job Description