This an exciting time to join the deafPLUS team in Ealing! This service is the first point of contact for Deaf British Sign Language (BSL) users to receive accessible advice through face-to-face and digital video platforms such as Skype and FaceTime.
Job Title: Information & Advice Caseworker
Line Manager: Mary Hicks – Centre Manager for Ealing
Job Aims: To provide information & advice in BSL to deaf residents in Ealing on issues relating to housing, employment, benefits, and other areas. You will help them to understand letters, fill in forms and challenge decisions, contact relevant organisations such as the DWP on their behalf, and signpost to other specialist services.
Terms and Conditions: This position is 16 hours per week. Information and advice will be provided to residents across London Borough of Ealing.
Salary: £8,952 pro rata (£20,702 per year FTE)
View the Job Description and Person Specification here.
Some of the key skills we are looking for include:
- Good written and British Sign Language (BSL) communication
- Experience in delivering advice and/or support
- Knowledge of welfare benefits and housing
- Knowledge of the DWP and Local Authority services and processes
- Ability to understand and appreciate barriers faced by deaf people
- Ability to communicate complex information in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to manage own caseload - including prioritising issues and meeting tight deadlines
If you would like to apply for this post, please email a CV and a covering letter explaining how you meet all of the areas in the personal specification to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday the 29th of Jan at 11.59pm. Interviews to take place on the 11th of Feb.