ACCESS – Information, Advice and Guidance (IAG) Service
is an Information, Advice and Guidance service for adults Birmingham. We are delivering this service in partnership with BID.
We can provide information and advice on a range of issues, including:
- BENEFITS: helping you understand what benefits you can get, helping you to fill in forms, helping you to challenge decisions
- TRANSPORT: Helping you applying for blue badge and Freedom Passes
- SOCIAL CARE: helping you to contact Adult Social Care, helping you to arrange Occupational Therapy assessments
- GRANTS: Helping you to cover the cost of essential items if you are on a low income
We can support you by:
- Signposting or referring you to other organisations
- Contacting a third party on your behalf
- Providing information leaflets and details of useful websites
- Carrying out casework which includes filling out forms and writing letters
- You must be 18 years and over
- You must have some form of hearing loss
- You must have a new or life changing condition
To access the service, please email BID at email@example.com or call Kirsty on 07595086540. They will send your referral through to us.