deafPLUS is guided by the following principles.
An accessible world for deaf* people, with barriers to participation and opportunity removed.
To empower deaf* people to take control of their own lives. We do this through:
- Information, advice and advocacy
- Employment and Career support (including brokerage)
- Skills training in support of personal empowerment (eg digital training, lipreading)
- Equipment and specialist assistance to aid independent living.
- Delivery of personalised support services
- Community Development thorough the facilitation of self-organised groups and activities.
We also act to reduce barriers in society by providing, for example, Deaf awareness training and accessibility consultancy.
- Equality of Access to all
- Communicate clearly and appropriately
- Transparency and consultation
- Valuing everyone’s contribution
- Working together as one organisation
- Working in a business / professional way with charitable philosophies at its core
- Providing information, advice, guidance, advocacy and personalised support packages that facilitates deaf people’s full engagement with and participation in society.
- Helping deaf people to choose equipment that will help them in their daily routines, and also help keep them safe.
- Developing potential
- Supporting clients into employment / their own businesses; providing skills training and volunteering opportunities.
- Supporting deaf people’s organisation of community-led activities in order to encourage self-realisation, and participation in wider society (eg the arts).