Information & Advice and Independent Advocacy Service
Our team in Ealing provides Information & Advice on enquiries related to equipment, welfare benefits, housing, money advice and so forth. Examples below include:
- Welfare rights benefit check
- Personal Independence Payment (PIP), existing Disability Living Allowance (DLA) and Attendance Allowance (AA)
- Income Support
- Employment Support Allowance (ESA)
- Tax credits
- Housing – including Housing Benefit, Council Tax Benefit and applying for housing
- Letter/Document Translation
- Telephone calls
- Access to council services
- Advice on access to legal services
- Providing advocacy support at meetings with other agencies
- Signposting to other agencies
Opening hours: Mondays and Fridays
Drop in service: 10am – 1pm
Drop in is 30 minutes max per client (this is for quick information / advice but if there is a complex issue or it needs more than 30 minutes, an appointment is required).
Deaf Blind Service
Thursday all day at Services for Visually Impairment Team,
Ealing Council, Perceval House, 14/16 Uxbridge Road, Ealing ,W5 2HL
This service provides:
- Specialised Equipment Assessment. Provision and training
- Signposting and referrals to different departments/agencies
We also provide equipment for visually impaired people who have a dual sensory loss under the service named SVIP managed by Ealing Social Services.
Tuesdays: 10:00 – 16:30
Wednesdays: 10:00 – 16:30
You can also contact Sue Brown – Sue.email@example.com for services for the Visually Impaired in Ealing.
Welfare rights benefit check
Personal Independence Payment (PIP), existing Disability Living Allowance (DLA) and Attendance Allowance (AA)
Ealing Equipment Service
deafPLUS provides an equipment assessment, fitting and maintenance service for Deaf and hard of hearing people living in the London Borough of Ealing.
The type of equipment we supply includes but isn’t limited to:
- Alerting devices
- Personal listeners
- TV Loop systems
- Textphones (minicoms)
- Fax machines
- Telephone amplifiers
- Flashing and vibrating smoke alarms
- Flashing and vibrating doorbell / telephone alerters
- Paging systems
- Alarm clocks
We do not currently offer a hearing aid tubing service but we are happy to help where there is an emergency and the staff is available however, this should be dealt with by your allocated audiology clinic.
The Equipment Service is funded by the London Borough of Ealing.
Contact: Charlie Kenny, Assessment / Equipment Officer
Telephone: 07805 980 425
- Advice Line Caseworker17th December 2018 - 5:28 pm
Join Our Advice Line Team and Provide Support to Deaf people Nationally! It’s an exciting time to join the deafPLUS team as we expand and improve our Advice Line. It is the first point of contact for Deaf British Sign Language users to obtain accessible advice over video. The service will also provide accessible advice […]