Welcome to visionPLUS
visionPLUS is a branch of deafPLUS which provides information. advice and one-to-one support to people with visual impairment, living in the following areas:
- Bath & North East Somerset
visionPLUS has been delivering Information, Advice, Advocacy and Equipment for 20 years supporting Visually Impaired people with the following services:
- VI visitors to our Centres are offered statutory assessments and provided with equipment, information and advice on all aspects of Sight Loss.
- We display a range of Sight Loss equipment at some of our Centres and we will demonstrate the types of equipment available, the ability to try out equipment, how best to use it and we will provide some equipment for free. For other equipment outside of our contracted remit, we will advise where to purchase it. A key element of the existing contract has been vendor impartiality.
- Information on support groups, to include Social Clubs for anyone with a Visual Impairment, Vision Running groups, Action for Blind People Groups, Guide Dogs, DeafBlind groups such as those operated by SENSE or DeafBlind UK, Talking Newspapers and Magazines, the Link centre for deafened people.
- Hearing aid maintenance, re-tubing and battery replacement for people with a dual sensory loss. This service is particularly valuable when visiting day centres, sheltered accommodation and care homes, where the elderly residents are unable to travel to central services.
- Visual Impairment Awareness training, to include information on the most common eye conditions such as Age Related Macular Degeneration and Glaucoma and including details of treatments available.
- visionPLUS identifies the need to work with the deaf and VI communities, practitioners, researchers & policy makers in order to improve deaf and VI access to the service and raise awareness of the services provision and entitlement.