Since 1971, deafPLUS has been a well-known provider of deaf-related training in England.
Over the years deafPLUS/Breakthrough has played a pioneering role in the development of training in communication with deaf people. We were one of the very first organisations to set up BSL and Deaf Awareness training courses in the 1970s, and we contributed significantly towards the development of the first accreditation framework in working with deaf people.
On this page you will see an outline of the various training programmes we deliver.
For hearing people:
- Tailor-made BSL courses (non-accredited
- Deaf Awareness (Signature accredited courses)
- Deaf Awareness (tailor-made)
- Communication Tactics (Signature accredited)
- Communication Tactics (tailor-made)
- Other Signature subjects
For Deaf and hard of hearing people
- Lipreading and hearing loss rehabilitation
- Employment-related training
- Confidence enhancement and self-esteem
- Welfare rights
- Basic living skills