Introducing HAS – a new advice service for Hackney
Hackney Advice Service (HAS) offers free confidential Advice and assistance to residents of Hackney.
Eligibility advice and support.
We assist with:
- Form filling
- Written & online applications
- Applying online for accommodation
- Assistance with telephone calls
- Medical assessments
We offer advice in areas such as:
- Housing issues
- Welfare benefits, including ESA, PIP, DLA, Pensions, Tax Credits and Universal Credits
- Debt and money advice
- Employment – including Access to Work and workplace assessments
- Transport and travel, including Blue Badge Applications
- Health & Social Care advice, including Direct Payments, managing personal budgets and communicating with local providers in Hackney
- Disability rights
If we are unable to help you we will signpost or refer you to another organisation who might be able to help.
We have drop-in advice sessions at Hackney Service Centre
- Mondays, 10am – 1pm (for hard of hearing clients)
- Wednesdays, 10am – 1pm (for blind and visually impaired clients)
We will also arrange appointments and home visits as necessary. Please see the contact details above.