Working in partnership with Real DDPO, we provide employment support to Deaf, hard of hearing and disabled people living in Tower Hamlets.
- Information, Advice and Guidance
- Employment needs assessment
- Developing action plans to support clients to secure employment
- Training in:
- Job preparation
- Mock Interviews
- Basic Skills such as English and IT
- Referral and signposting to training providers
- Support with seeking employment
- Support with telephone calls
- Assistance in filling in applications for employment
- Support with CV
- Support with interviews
- Working with employers to recruit and retain clients in work
- Free Deaf Awareness Training for a deaf employee’s new team when they secure work
- Assistance with applying for Access to Work funds
- In-work assistance and support
Please contact us to make an appointment by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 020 7790 8478.
Funded by Trust for London we deliver a ‘Step Up’ project to support Deaf and hard of hearing Londoners to progress their careers.
- Career progression support
- Routes out of low-pay support
We offer support to identify progression routes out of low-paid work. This could include advice, training and support to help low-paid workers into better-paid, sustainable employment which offers a career path, as well as work with employers.
We will explore options on improving pay, conditions and rights for those on low incomes, including promoting the London Living Wage and addressing exploitative employment practices.
deafPLUS are proud to achieve the London Living Wage accreditation.