Are you the Advice Manager we are looking for?
It’s an exciting time to join the deafPLUS team as we expand and improve our Advice Line. It is the first point of contact for Deaf British Sign Language (BSL) users to get accessible advice. Its a national service, based in Birmingham. We are looking for a fantastic advice manager who will ensure we deliver quality advice and support via our video advice service, while also leading the development of the service.
- To provide an Information & Advice service to deaf BSL users in the UK via the deafPLUS Advice Line over Skype and Facetime.
- To deliver Information & Advice via text chat and email for deaf individuals who do not use sign language.
- To develop and sustain the necessary technical aspects of the helpline service to ensure sustained delivery.
- To line-manage the Advice Line advisors – to be based in Birmingham, Scotland and Northern Ireland.
If you have
- A least two years relevant management experience
- Vocational qualifications in providing casework support
- BSL to Level 6
- Understanding of social welfare advice including casework. This can be paid or unpaid work and need not have been gained in a specialist post.
Then we want to hear from you!
To view the full job description and apply, please click here.
Alternatively, you can can email Gary on email@example.com with your CV and cover letter explaining your interest and suitability for the role.
For an informal chat, please contact
- Gary on the email above or 020 7790 6147
- Rebecca Mansell on firstname.lastname@example.org (please email to arrange an informal chat in BSL on facetime or skype)
Application Deadline: 16th January 2019