HAS Caseworker – Maternity Cover (Hearing Loss)
Job Title: Information and advice caseworker for People with Hearing Loss
Line Manager: HAS Advice Services Manager
Terms and Conditions:
- This is a part time position 25 hours per week
- Contract from 15th August 2018 until 31st March 2019.
- Salary £24,922.58 pro rata
- To provide a Social Welfare Information and Advice service to hard of hearing residents of Hackney.
- To develop a social and personal development service for local Service Users in the Area.
- To provide guidance and customer representation to the communities with hearing loss within Hackney.
This can include; deafened people, older people, people who are socially isolated; people who cannot speak English as a first language or English is their second language.
Summary: HAS provides support to residents, particularly those most in need, enabling them to understand their rights and responsibilities, access what they are entitled to, manage and resolve their problems and build their capabilities.
We are seeking an individual with great organisational and interpersonal skills to handle caseloads of individuals and offer social welfare to our clients within the Borough of Hackney. A proven ability of communicating with deafened and hard of hearing clients is essential and an awareness and understanding of hearing loss, issues pertaining to hard of hearing people is also essential. In addition:
- Similar experience of 2-years of social welfare advice.
- An understanding of hearing loss, in particular age-related hearing loss.
Deadline for application is Sunday 29th July 2018 by midnight
For further details please contact: Hazel Saunders, email@example.com