deafPLUS Information and Advice Caseworker (Ealing) – 15 hours a week
deafPLUS is a registered medium-sized charity and company limited by guarantee working to encourage integration and equality between deaf and hearing people in all areas of life. We provide a range of services from Advocacy to Employment, equipment to information and advice across 7 centres around the UK.
deafPLUS are seeking a deafPLUS Information and Advice Caseworker. This is a fantastic opportunity. The successful applicant will provide:
- Information and Advice on:
- Housing and homelessness
- Welfare Benefits
- Money management – including advice on prioritising bills and payments, reducing expenditure and budgeting (refer to our Money Advice Helpline)
- Immigration (refer to Refugee Women’s Association)
- Other areas of social welfare law
- deafblind support
- making referrals for equipment aids and adaptations, tele-care, assistive technology, apps and other technology to increase independence
- signpost to the Carers Service for the availability of carers’ services and benefits
- sources of independent advocacy, advice and information
- advice on breaks from caring
- health and wellbeing of carers; and advice on wider family relationships
- carers’ access to financial and legal issues
- caring and employment, education and learning
- carer’s need for advocacy
- raise awareness of the need to plan for future care costs;
- Practical help with planning to meet future or current care costs;
Salary: £20,086.03- £24,562.45 pro-rata (point 526) depending on experience and qualifications. This post is until 31st March 2019. (extension three years possibly).
We would consider graduates or college leavers, with no previous experience, who have the right skills and will provide training.
Deadline for expressions of interest is Sunday 22nd July 2018 by midnight
Interviews will take place on week commencing 23rd July
For further details please contact: Mary Hicks, Centre Manager on email@example.com
We welcome applications from suitably experienced individuals irrespective of
racial origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy & maternity, gender, religion or disability.