This is an exciting time to join deafPLUS. Our Digital Content Manager will join out new advice team in Birmingham to lead the way on the development of a new online advice hub for Deaf people, covering welfare, citizens rights, consumer protection and general advice. Researching and filling the new digital advice hub with accessible, relevant content and keeping it updated for our Deaf audience is the core duty of this new role.
To research, identify and respond to the welfare and citizens / consumer rights advice needs of deaf people in each part of the UK, taking into account differences in England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
- To build and maintain an accessible, accurate, online digital advice resource which reflects the needs of deaf people throughout the UK. By accessible, content should be provided in both British Sign Language video and plain English and jargon-free.
- To Manage the budget for the digital hub and national advice line service.
- To script, film and edit BSL advice videos for online.
- To source design elements and photos, editing for on line use as necessary.
- To ensure the accuracy, quality and timely updating of BSL advice videos on the digital advice hub.
- To tailor advice so it is accessible to external clients using the search tools and menu options available within the deafPLUS digital advice hub design, and that advice resources are tagged and organised appropriately to ensure people can quickly and intuitively find the resources they need with the fewest possible clicks.
- To ensure that the online advice resource retains its functionality and design integrity, with any flaws or technical issues dealt with as quickly as possible.
- To line-manage the deafPLUS Advice Line Manager.
- To act as a member of the Senior Management Team, delivering leadership to the wider organisation.
- To work with the National Centre and local managers team to ensure the corporate website is kept up to date in relation to services, reflects deafPLUS fundraising and marketing requirements and continues to develop, overseeing occasional refreshes to the site when agreed with CEO.
Application deadline: 16th January 2019
To view the full job description and apply, please click here.
Alternatively, you can can email Gary on firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and cover letter explaining your interest and suitability for the role.
For an informal chat, please contact
- Gary on the email above or 020 7790 6147
- Rebecca Mansell on email@example.com (please email to arrange an informal chat in BSL on facetime or skype)
Application Deadline: 16th January 2019