Personal Assistants (PAs)
As part of the YOUchoose consortium lead by Action Deafness, deafPLUS are pleased to join as a partner to deliver a high quality PA Community Support Service in the Hampshire Area including Southampton, Portsmouth and Isle of Wight. The aim of deafPLUS’ PA Community Support Service is to ensure independence amongst our clients.
We are now recruiting a pool of Personal Assistants (PAs) to join deafPLUS.
Have you got what it takes to make a difference to the lives of Deaf, hard of hearing, deafened and deafblind (D/deaf) people in the Hampshire area including Southampton, Portsmouth and Isle of Wight?
deafPLUS is a Living Wage Foundation employer. We are a vibrant charitable organisation with a lively team. We are currently seeking to develop a pool of Personal Assistants (PAs) to join our PA Community Support Service. We provide personalised support services for D/deaf people throughout the Hampshire area including Southampton, Portsmouth and Isle of Wight.
Our aim is to increase individuals’ independence, build their confidence and enable them to learn new skills.
What are we looking for in a PA?
- Preferably, you will have experience of working in a PA role previously;
- Have excellent organisational skills;
- Be able to work flexible hours including weekends and bank holidays where necessary;
- Have drive and enthusiasm;
- Be able to work on your own initiative.
- Have Level 2 BSL (or equivalent) or a Communicator Guide qualification or experience of working with d/Deafblind people would be an advantage, including the use of Deafblind manual, other communication methods and guiding skills.
General duties include providing daily living support. This may include developing/increasing clients confidence, communication skills and life skills, accessing local provisions such as leisure services and community groups, supporting the service user to maintain their independence in the general community, developing hobbies and interests in accordance with their support plan.
deafPLUS is a Living Wage Foundation employer and the rates of pay for PAs is £8.45 per hour
Benefits to you:
- Up to 25 days paid holiday (Exc. Bank holidays)
- A comprehensive training package including Deafblind Communicator Guide
- Auto Enrolment Pension Scheme
- Flexible working arrangements
- Enhanced DBS check fully paid for by deafPLUS
Training will be provided.
If you are interested in the post, please send your CV and a covering letter explaining how you meet the person specification to:
Mobile: 07553 376420
Job Description and Person Specification can be downloaded here: