Job Description – IAA Officer Bath
deafPLUS is a registered medium-sized charity and company limited by guarantee working to encourage integration and equality between D/deaf and hearing people in all areas of life. We provide a range of services from Advocacy to Employment, equipment to information and advice across 5 centres around the UK.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a countywide specialist Information & Advice service supporting adults with acquired hearing loss living in Bath & North East Somerset. You will be promoting and enabling independence, raising awareness with partners who may come into contact with D/deaf and Visually Impaired people. You will be required to provide assessment and intervention to respond to the Service User needs in a timely manner and within guidelines, policies and standards. We are seeking an individual with great organisational and interpersonal skills to take on this role within a great team in Bath. The main duties include:
- To carry out a thorough assessment of need and eligibility
- Planning and delivery of focused intervention to safeguard, promote, and protect positive outcomes whilst working to best practice
- To offer Service Users choice and control to ensure that they continue to live independent lives.
- To provide an Information, Advice, Equipment and Advocacy service for people with acquired hearing loss (Service Users) living within Bath and North East Somerset (the Area).
- To develop social and support group opportunities for Service Users in the Area.
Working hours: 22 hours per week .
Location: Bath, office based with some travel required to meet clients in their homes.
Salary: £19,540.66 – £21,495.77 (Points 23-16) pro-rata
How to apply: You can download the Job Descripton, Person Specification and Application form below. For an informal chat about the post, please call 01225 446555 or email Alex Machin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application Form: deafPLUS-application-form IAA Officer Bath August 17
Job Description: JD Bath Hearing Loss IAA Officer August 2017
Closing date for applications: Friday 8th September 2017
Interviews will held on a date to be agreed the following week.
We welcome applications from suitably experienced individuals irrespective of racial origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy & maternity, gender, religion or disability.