deafPLUS is a registered medium-sized charity and company limited by guarantee working to encourage integration and equality between D/deaf and hearing people in all areas of life. We provide a range of services from Advocacy to Employment, equipment to information and advice across 5 centres around the UK.
We are seeking an individual with great organisational and interpersonal skills to take on this temporary role, based in Birmingham. The main task is to recruit befrienders, perform assessment and match carers with the most appropriate volunteers to offer respite for carers.
Working hours: 18 hours per week until 31st December 2017. Job share will be considered.
Location: deafPLUS Birmingham, BVSC, 138 Digbeth, B5 6DR
Salary: £9.19 per hour. Freelancers considered.
Closing date for applications: 30th August 2017 at noon.
How to apply: Please submit a C.V and a covering letter outlining your experiences coordinating Health & Wellbeing activities for a wide range of deaf people, as well as delivering a living with a hearing loss course for deafened people to Julia Pitt (Helpline Manager) Julia.Pitt@deafplus.org or posted to Julia Pitt, deafPLUS, BVSC, 138 Digbeth. Birmingham B5 6DR
Interviews: Friday 1st September from 9am – 1pm
We welcome applications from suitably experienced individuals irrespective of racial origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy & maternity, gender, religion or disability
- To co-ordinate a befriender service for deaf carers, hearing carers of deaf adults and deaf people needing care
- To recruit and train 10 volunteers to become befrienders.
- To work closely with Health and Wellbeing Officer.
- To offer respite for carers, perform assessment and match the carers with the most appropriate volunteers.
- To co-ordinate volunteers, ensure they are supported in their role as a befriender.
- To ensure information on display at the Centre is relevant, up-do-date and does not contravene the policies and corporate aims & objectives of deafPLUS.
Full Job description – JD – Carer’s Coodinator