Join Our Advice Line Team and Provide Support to Deaf people Nationally!
It’s an exciting time to join the deafPLUS team as we expand and improve our Advice Line. It is the first point of contact for Deaf British Sign Language users to obtain accessible advice over video. The service will also provide accessible advice via text chat and email.
- To provide an Information & Advice service to Deaf BSL users in the UK via the deafPLUS Advice Line via video call.
- To deliver Information & Advice via text chat and email for deaf individuals who do not use sign language.
- To monitor and review advice resource (internal advice base and external sources of advice) on an ongoing basis, suggesting and making improvements as necessary and advising on the potential for further Advice Line development areas.
About You – if you have:
- Ability to communicate with deaf people, either a BSL user or have Level 6 BSL skills or equivalent.
- Good communication, presentational and motivational skills, in person and written form.
- At least 2 years experience of providing Information, Advice & Casework.
- This experience must also include a substantial element of in-depth casework on all aspects of welfare benefits advice.
- Understanding of welfare benefits, debt, housing and consumer care.
Then we want to hear from you!
Location: Birmingham, Scotland (either Glasgow or Edinburgh depending on the successful candidate) and Belfast
To view the full job description and apply, please click here.
Alternatively, you can can email Gary on firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and cover letter explaining your interest and suitability for the role.
For an informal chat, please contact
- Gary on the email above or 020 7790 6147
- Rebecca Mansell on email@example.com (please email to arrange an informal chat in BSL on facetime or skype)
Application Deadline: 16th January 2019