Hearing Male Assistants (PAs)
deafPLUS are pleased to join the YOUchoose consortium led by Action Deafness as a partner to deliver a high quality PA service in the Greater London Area. The aim of YOUchoose is to ensure independence amongst our clients.
We are now recruiting hearing male Personal Assistants (PAs) to join deafPLUS in the South East London area.
deafPLUS is a London Living Wage employer. We are a vibrant charitable organisation with a lively team. We are currently seeking to recruit a pool of hearing male Personal Assistants (PAs) for a specific deafened wheelchair user, to join our PA Community Support Service. We provide personalised support services throughout Greater London.
Our aim is to increase individuals’ independence, build their confidence and enable them to learn new skills.
What are we looking for in a PA?
- Previous experience of working in a PA role or caring is preferable;
- Excellent communication skills – the ability to communicate clearly and to be able to adapt communication methods depending on the environment;
- A good level of written English
- Good typing speed and experience of using laptops and tablets;
- Excellent organisational skills;
- The ability to work flexible hours including weekends and bank holidays where necessary;
- Drive and enthusiasm and a passion for helping individuals become more independent;
- A friendly, caring and patient manner;
- A sense of humour;
- The ability to work on your own initiative;
- The ability to adapt activities to the client’s needs
- Able to push a wheelchair
- Manual Handling and First Aid Skills desirable
General duties focus around providing daily living support, such as developing/increasing client’s communication and life skills, accessing local services such as leisure centres and community groups, supporting clients to maintain their independence in the general community and at home.
deafPLUS is a London Living Wage employer and the rate of pay for PA’s is £10.20 per hour. Increased rates of pay for weekend and bank holiday work.
Benefits to you:
- Up to 25 days paid holiday (Accrued Pro-rata, based on hours worked)
- Auto Enrolment Pension Scheme
- Flexible working arrangements
- Enhanced DBS check fully paid for by deafPLUS
- Deaf Awareness Training and full induction provided
Training will be provided.
If you are interested in the post, please send your CV and a covering letter explaining how you meet the person specification to email@example.com by Thursday 19th July 5pm.
Mobile: 07521 663987